Monday, May 2, 2016

If the thunder don't get you, then the lightening will.

Day 5...Junction City to Willow Creek. Distance 46 miles. Elevation gain 3284 ft. 8hrs. 5 geocaches found.
Got up early and managed to get on the road by 7:30. The morning is really the time to be on the road. The weather is cool, not much traffic, and the local wildlife is out and about. Saw a fox, numerous Heren, and a timid bobcat scooted across the road in front of me.


The first part of the ride followed the Trinity River, so the road west was a gentle downhill. There were a few stretches that required dropping down into my lowest gear, but for the mostpart it was a gentle downhill and I made good time. Beautiful weather this morning with warm temps that changed to storm clouds and rain 5 miles outside of Willow Creek. I had a mechanical failure that put a frowny face at the end of the day. The bolt that holds the rear brake on came loose and dropped off somewhere. I had to limp in to Willow Creek with only the front brake working. What with the rain and mechanical problems I decided to rent a room at The Bigfoot Motel. This isn't exactly The Washington Square but it will do for tonight. I have two more Mtn passes to go over before I reach the coast so it is important that I get the bike situation staightened out. Onward

2 comments:

  1. Glad you have a comfy bed to rest up for the next leg of your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have a comfy bed to rest up for the next leg of your journey.

    ReplyDelete