Day Seven. Eureka to Redcrest. 57 miles. Don't know elevation gain or have a map thumbnail because my phone crashed and I had to restart it.
Today I had a fight with the other woman in my life...the bitch on google maps. Maps has a function where you can choose the bicycle mode of transpertation. Once done, Mrs Google will try and find the best route especially for bicycles. The problem lies with the route she picks, ie alley ways, next to RR tracks, down by the sketchy part of the warf, through the cemetary...ARGH! Finally made it out of town. The route to the Avenue of the Giants requires that bicycles get on highway 101. There is a wide shoulder, and I made good time, but the constant drone of cars and trucks really wears on you after awhile. After about 40 miles, I finally got to exit on the Avenue of the Giants. It is so beautiful. No traffic, and quiet as I made my way through the thick redwood canopy. About three miles from the town of Redcrest it started to rain. Rented a cabin, got out of the rain, and have nice abode to recharge the horses. Looking forward ride tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment