Day 4, Lewiston to Junction city. 32 miles, 3609 elevation gain. 8hrs. 8 geocaches found.
Got a late start today, was on the road by nine. I took the locals advice and took the back way to Weaverville.
Glad I did, because there was no traffic on this back road, and it afforded me the opportunity to look for some geocaches. After 17 miles, I made it into Weaverville around two. I decided to see if I could put some more miles on before finding a campground.
I went to the local grocery store to buy dinner, and as luck would have it, there was a Starbucks inside. I don't think I have ever had such a refreshing iced coffee. People kept telling me that there was a mountain pass I would have to go over if I wanted to make it to Junction City. Another pass to go over. This one was just as steep as the Buckhorn Pass from the other day. OK, I think I have figured out the steepness of the roads. 4-5% grade= a grunt, 6-7%= Are you kidding me, and a 8-9% grade = WTF. Dinner is done, dishes cleaned, and I am going to get a good night's rest. Over and out.
![]() |
| Princess Lalani Kumoniwannalayya |
I went to the local grocery store to buy dinner, and as luck would have it, there was a Starbucks inside. I don't think I have ever had such a refreshing iced coffee. People kept telling me that there was a mountain pass I would have to go over if I wanted to make it to Junction City. Another pass to go over. This one was just as steep as the Buckhorn Pass from the other day. OK, I think I have figured out the steepness of the roads. 4-5% grade= a grunt, 6-7%= Are you kidding me, and a 8-9% grade = WTF. Dinner is done, dishes cleaned, and I am going to get a good night's rest. Over and out.



No comments:
Post a Comment