Day eight. Redcrest to just outside of Garberville. 41 miles
Spent a well deserved night in a cabin in beautiful downtown Redcrest. Amazing what a hot shower, hot meal, and a good night's sleep can do to refresh this old body. Today was the second half of the Avenue of the Giants. I didn't make good time, for I was constantly stopping to take pictures, videos, and explore the surrounding area. The weather was overcast, but that didn't take anything away from the beautiful scenery. After awhile the Avenue ends, and I was forced to reenter highway 101. I was originally trying to get to Standish Hickey park, but it was getting late and I needed a place to spend the night. Across the street from some of the tourist shops just outside of Garberville was a campground/RV site. Theresa, the manager, took pity on me and let me stay here for half the normal price. Tomorrow, if all goes well, I should make it to the coast. Am shooting for Ft Bragg.
No comments:
Post a Comment