Day two Redding to Lewiston 34.2 miles, 3428 elevation gain, 1 geocache found.
Got on the hound in LA no problems. It was a pretty uneventful ride until we got to Fresno. There we picked up a disruptive passenger. He and the driver went at it for some time, and when we got to the Sacramento station the guy said something to the driver, which I didn't hear, and the driver threw the guy off the bus. Had a two hour layover in Sacramento because the relief driver never showed up. That put me two hours back, and didn't arrive in Redding until sometime around seven. Was not aware that this is the time all the hobos desend on station. They were everywhere.
It took me a good hour to put the bike back together what with having to deal with me new &friends.& Once I got the bike assembled and packed, I headed over to Walmart to get some stove fuel, and then it was off to a bike store called &The Chain Gang& to buy a new pair of bike shoes because I had left home and forgot to bring them. The ride to Lewiston kicked my ass. What in the hell was I thinking, that I could drag my 65 yr old body up that steep grade all the while pulling an anchor.
Every switchback I thought I had arrived at the summit, only to find another 8% grade ahead. I
was so tired when I got into Lewiston, that I bought food and headed to the nearest campground. The campground was empty, and when I could not find the manager, I picked a spot and set up camp. Damn I was tired. All I
know is that I am a long way from home, and my only means of transportation is a bicycle. It is beautiful here, but I miss my wife.



Your wife misses you. I'm glad you are on your way home. Lol
ReplyDeleteBe safe. You got this. Glad YOU weren't the one thrown off the bus.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete